Fraud is the most common happening thing in any sphere of life. Fraud can come in any form and can deceive you in any manner. As the cases of frauds are rising, so are increasing fraud prevention services.
In daily day to day life, you can face fraud in any form. In social life, most frauds happen in the different services, like in insurance services, credit cards fraud, identity theft, accounting fraud, banking fraud, cyber frauds, vehicle fraud, and many more.
In personal life, the fraud can be in spousal relations, property fraud, alimony fraud, cheating between lovers, etc. So, this way you can see that fraudulent activity can happen in any form. The most dangerous of all fraudulent activities is identity theft and fraud. Anyone can steal your identity and can commit illegal conduct or crime. Before giving your identity and other personal details to anybody make sure the identity of the person, if he/she is not going to cheat you.
Fraud Prevention Services: A Helping Hand To Detect The Fraud
Fraud can be any activity of deceiving others in order to get personal benefits and advantages. Frauds can be on a small scale and also can be severe ones. Fraudulent activity can cost from money, identity to life. Fraud happens in everyday life as a normal thing, but it can make you suffer a great loss. Fraudulent activities happen in every private or government service to small businesses.
There are a lot many agencies which provide fraud prevention services. The services can be hired both online and offline. There are government agencies and private agencies too. These agencies provide you services by which you can restrict any kind of fraudulent activity from happening. For example, there are monitors online banking, call centers, mobile banking channels to detect fraudulent activities against monetary or non-monetary activities. This allows one client to detect fraudulent activity and blocks money movement, while the fraud is still in the process. This kind of service is very useful in banks.
Like above-mentioned fraud prevention services, there are different sort of services for different fields. To prevent fraud in companies there are employee fraud detectors, for ATMs there are different detectors. In brief, every sphere of life as having fraudulent activities, so are fraud prevention services for every field.
Guard Yourself by Knowing About Different Types of Fraud
Fraud, in a wider sense, is any kind of deceitful act to obtain somebody else’s money for personal use or to exploit resources and other things illegally for personal benefits. Fraud can be defined as a crime and a violation of civil laws.
Fraud can be of any type; it differs and varies from act to act. In any sphere of social and personal life, any deceitful act to exploit innocent can be called a fraud.
Different Types of Fraud
- Medical Fraud: Medicine fraud, health care fraud, etc.
- Business Fraud: Check fraud, accounting fraud, money fraud, franchise fraud, earn-at-home schemes, corporate fraud, bait and switch fraud, etc.
- Internet Fraud: Fraud mails, fraud online stores, website fraud, escrow fraud, credit card fraud, etc.
- Insurance Fraud: Life insurance fraud, automobile fraud, health insurance fraud, property insurance fraud, etc.
- Personal Fraud: Fraud in relations, lottery fraud, identity fraud, car finance fraud, address fraud, credit card fraud, ticket forgery, civil fraud, telemarketing fraud, etc.
So, these are the different types of fraud or fraudulent acts. Let’s talk about these kinds of frauds in some detail. In the field of medicine, a fraud can make you the victim by giving you fake and duplicate medicines. There are many fraud clinics too. A fraud clinic means a clinic run by non-medical professions. Some people make fraud medical degrees and start a clinic; these clinics are just money-making rackets without any knowledge of the field of medicine.
In business groups, many kinds of illegal activities happen. Some frauds place ads in the newspaper for a certain item on sale at cheap rates, and when the customer goes to buy it, they make excuses like being sold out and not in-store and later manipulate the customer to buy the same kind of item at higher prices. This kind of fraud is called bait and switch fraud. There are many other kinds of frauds too, like fake accounts and cheques and many more.
Fraud in the field of the internet is the most commonly occurring process. People and different vendors make innocent user their target and allure him to buy many things and pay the bills. On the internet, they can ask for personal details and bank account and credit card codes, etc. through emails, chat rooms, etc. After that, they use this data for illegal activities and personal benefits.
Thus, broadly, these are the different frauds that take place generally, and awareness is the key to saving oneself from the same.
Fraud is an intentional fake transaction carried out for personal gain. Fraud is a crime under the law. Mostly fraud involves deceiving anybody out of their money by carrying out fraudulent transactions. Whenever you come across any financial deal which looks very good, you should be very careful about the same as it might catch you in Money Fraud.
Types of Money Fraud
- Identity Theft: Identity theft is one when your personal details, credit card details, or bank account details are stolen by somebody. The person uses this information to carry out fake transactions and in return, fraud is done with you. Hence, you should always be very careful while carrying out credit card related transaction, or any online transactions. Keep your credit cards, debit cards, and checkbooks in a safe place.
- Investment Fraud: Through Investment fraud, someone might convince you to invest some money and assures you that the same will be doubled in a short span of time. But before you earn much, the person who had asked you to invest might run away with the money. He might have done this with many others thus gaining a lot. This is a common type of money fraud being carried out today. Hence, ensure to find information before investing any amount anywhere.
- Insurance Fraud: Insurance fraud is when a person intentionally claims for more money than actually entitled for. Just like destroying a car or home and asking for claims from the insurance company is a very common type of insurance fraud these days. If the house was on fire and you claimed the insurance for that. But later it was found that fire was not accidental but a deliberate attempt to claim money from the insurance company. In such a case you might be charged under insurance fraud.
- Money Order Fraud: involves fake cheques or money orders, drawn. Suppose you are working from home and are asked to make easy money through clearing cheque and getting a percentage of the same when these get cleared. Once you deposit the same and wires the money to concerned, the cheques are dishonored, and reimbursement is demanded the same.
Tips to avoid Money Fraud Scams
- Never wire money to an unknown person in order to avoid money fraud cases. Once the money is gone it will never come back.
- If any unknown person approaches and notifies you that you have won the lottery, be alert and before responding to such person clarify all the doubts.
- Check for all online transactions being carried out.
- Before carrying out any money related check for all information.