Driven by the fear of losing their jobs in a time of recession, most people began to look for alternative ways to earn money and e-business gave them just the right medium to do so. Experts believe that the Google money-making system was perhaps the best medium but the chances of getting caught in the Google money system fraud are unbelievably high. It is important to remember not to access the scam by mistake since it looks almost as authentic as the original program. The real one though does not take cash payments and one will have to pay up more than $5. It is a legal way to generate an honest income since the search engine draws nearly 60% of the total Internet traffic. This system is ideal for small towns where only an internet connection is what is needed to get started and in due course of time, the money that is made would be enough to pay for the connection costs. A further advantage of this system is that it is extremely user-friendly and one can test its usage over a weeklong trial period. However, the system is not as easy to use as it sounds because there are lessons to learn in search engine optimization to be able to identify which keywords are the best to get immediate results.
Click fraud is a cybercrime that happens in pay per click advertising when an individual or a software program imitates a user by clicking on an advertisement to generate a charge without actually having any interest in that particular ad link. Google click fraud detection is tough right away because such clicks done by designated software for the purpose generates the charges but the sales are never displayed. This is particularly common in Google’s Adwords and Adsense programs and it is hardly surprising that many may be earning thousands a week simply by clicking on their own website ads for commission. A common method is to use online robots to click on these portal ads and at times employees have been found to click on competitor’s ads to reduce their marketing budgets. Thus click fraud is gradually evolving into a major threat for e-commerce. As more and more people are resorting to making cash through Adsense, Google too is engaged in updating it to preserve their reputation.
Types of Web Fraud
Web Fraud refers to any fake transaction carried out by using online services such as email, chat room, or web sites. Fake transactions on the internet are on rise. There are many different types of internet crimes
Phishing is a fraudulent transaction conducted to obtain personal information such as credit card details, usernames, or passwords through electronic media.
Cyber Stalking is where the internet is used to harass a person or an organization. This may be done by reading your emails and viewing the sites you view on your computer.
Hacking refers to illegally accessing your computer. Hackers hack the IP address and carry out illegal transactions by using your personal information.
Somebody might try to access your personal information through your computer and carry out a fake transaction using your bank accounts or credit card.
Cloning means duplication. Website cloning means duplicating a website for carrying out fake transactions. With the help of website cloning, the person can access your information and use the same for carrying out fraudulent transactions.
In case any fraudulent transaction occurs over the internet, web fraud reporting should be done immediately. Whenever you feel that your credit card details or other personal details have been stolen you should contact your credit card company and bank. Check all the transaction of your credit card.
In order to prevent the web fraud you need to look into ways of detecting the same.
Ways towards Web Fraud Detection
- To check whether the online merchant is trustworthy or not try to buy the goods in small quantity initially. If the online merchant does not allow you to buy the goods in small quantity and insists you to buy in large quantity, then the merchant might not be authentic.
- Sometimes online merchants claim to perform services which nobody else offers. Whenever you come across such claims try to thoroughly verify the same. In case you find only one or two merchants offering the same then it is sure that the online merchant is a fake.
- In case the online merchant is not offering money-back guarantee whereas others in the same field are offering it is a point of concern.
- If the online merchant keeps on changing the rules mentioned then it is a point of concern as no established firm will do the same so often.
- Fake online merchants will always provide with either email address or phone numbers. Whereas the authentic online merchants will provide both the information.
- You might find that fake online merchants might not answer your emails or phone calls.